Introducing Naturopathic Medicine!
We are proud to be one of the few medical providers in Buffalo to offer true full spectrum naturopathic medical care.
Naturopathic medicine is a perfect complement to OWM’s integrative medical approach. The synergy of these two disciplines creates a powerful approach to wellness, prevention of disease, and chronic illness.
The Promise of Naturopathic Medicine
Naturopathic medicine strives to create a healthy world in which humanity may thrive.
What Is a Naturopathic Doctor?
Naturopathic doctors (NDs) are primary care physicians who blend centuries-old knowledge and a philosophy that nature is the most effective healer with current research on health and human systems. They have attended a four-year naturopathic medical school, are clinically trained, and work in all aspects of family health — from pediatric to geriatric care. Most NDs provide primary care through office-based private practice, but a growing number are in clinic settings.
Naturopathic diagnosis focuses on identifying the underlying causes of disease, while naturopathic therapies are supported by research drawn from peer-reviewed journals from many disciplines, including naturopathic medicine, conventional medicine, European complementary medicine, clinical nutrition, phytotherapy, pharmacognosy, homeopathy, psychology and spirituality.
The therapeutic modalities used in naturopathic medicine (including physical manipulation, clinical nutrition, botanical medicine, homeopathy and hydrotherapy) integrate conventional, scientific and empirical methodology with the ancient laws of nature
Introducing Dr. Kim Howes ND, a graduate of National University of Natural Medicine, Portland, Oregon.
“I believe that educating a patient is the first step towards achieving health goals.” – Dr. Kim Howes
Dr. Kim specializes in botanical, nutritional, lifestyle and homeopathic medicines and provides adjunct healthcare in collaboration with Dr. Leonard Kaplan in the following areas:
- Acute and chronic infections such as Sinusitis, Lyme Disease and Urinary Tract Infections
- Autoimmune conditions including Hashimoto’s/Graves’ Thyroiditis, Diabetes, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, Systemic Lupus, Erythema, Sjogren’s
- Environmental Illness
- Gastrointestinal disorders including IBS, IBD, Celiac, Acid Reflux/GERD, SIB, Dysbiosis, Candida, Parasites, Intestinal Impermeability (“leaky gut”), Diarrhea/Constipation, Gas Bloating
- Endocrine/Hormone Imbalances
- Skin conditions such as Acne, Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema), Psoriasis, Hives/Rah, Yeast
- Chronic pain, Fibromyalgia, Neuropathy
- Botanical, nutritional, lifestyle and homeopathic medicines
- Mold and other Water Damaged Building illnesses
- Acute and Chronic Lyme disease
What is Naturopathic Medicine
The Healing Power of Nature
(Vis Medicatrix Naturae)
Identify and Treat the Causes
First Do No Harm
(Primum Non Nocere)
Treat the Whole Person