Capitalize on the regenerative power of your own blood. Our advanced DermaFrac™ technology allows us to infuse the growth factors derived from your blood into your skin during a mirco-needling treatment.
PRP has long been known as an effective treatment in various surgical and medical fields. Face and neck revitalization with PRP is an application that is rapidly gaining popularity. It is a biological cell therapy with patient’s own cells and a popular treatment for the aging face in cosmetic practices. Ageing of human skin results from a combination of a gradual decline in function over time (intrinsic aging) and cumulative damage caused by environmental factors (extrinsic aging), which include smoking, exposure to chemicals, and notably, ultraviolet B (UVB) radiation. In skin, which is continually exposed to UVB, collagen degeneration and altered deposition of elastic tissue result in the impairment of the structural integrity of the dermal layers causing the skin to wrinkle. The skin’s resilience is also reduced.
Fine wrinkles, crape-like thin skin, skin color and tone irregularity, sagging skin around the eyes, cheeks and chin.
WHAT TO KNOW
BEFORE YOU GO
Many medi-spas use a topical application of PRP which is then worked into the skin with a derma-pen micro needling tool. The process is much less effective because PRP is not infused and more painful because the micro-needling tool is pushed into the skin as opposed to the skin being pulled up by suction to the tool as is done by DermaFrac™.
- PRP or platelet rich plasma is a component of blood that is obtained from the person undergoing treatment. PRP is injected into facial areas where improvement is needed in increased volume, repair of sun damage, and healing of scars.
- Introduction of platelet rich plasma containing growth factors stimulates the rejuvenation of photo-aged facial skin, improving its clinical appearance and inducing new collagen production.
- Facial rejuvenation utilizing individual’s own platelet growth factors is a natural approach to restore dermal degeneration.
- Individuals that have undergone PRP injections show quantifiable improvement of skin complexion with visible changes noticeable in 3–4 weeks, especially forehead, cheeks, neck, and back of hands
- Optimally this treatment should be done in a series of three, four weeks apart and combined with weekly micro-needling.