Many of us live fast-paced lifestyles which are bombarded daily with stressors such as work and family demands, processed food, and not nearly enough sleep. We are constantly multi-tasking. Sure, it feels great to be productive and check tasks off the list, but what happens when we don’t take time to give our brain a break?
When the brain is overworked and overloaded with day-to-day pressure, a chain reaction occurs and chaos is created within the nervous system. This causes our sympathetic nervous system’s fight or flight response to become overstimulated. The result is elevated blood pressure, high-stress levels, and overactive adrenal glands.
This makes it very difficult for the parasympathetic nervous system, our body’s rest and recovery system, to kick in and do its job. This is why it’s so important to take time out of your day to practice mindfulness, relax, and take care of your mind-body health. At OWM Integrative Wellness, we offer a few different options to help restore balance in your nervous system by treating your brain to a spa day.
Intravenous Therapy for Brain Health
One key to calming the brain is adequate nutrition. To activate your brain and optimize your nutrition, here at OWM Integrative Wellness, we offer the unique experience of pairing a relaxing spa treatment with intravenous nutrition therapy.
Only about 10-15% of essential vitamins and minerals are absorbed through our gut which means that most of us are nutrient deficient. This percentage can be even lower for some with variables such as inflammation, age, metabolism, and genetics influencing how well we absorb vitamins. This can significantly affect our stress levels because when the body is not provided with adequate nutrition the stress response is triggered. This creates a cycle of cellular damage and more depleted vitamins due to high inflammation and stress in the nervous and circulatory systems.
The good news is that intravenous therapy allows for 100% of the absorption of vitamins and minerals through the vein and bloodstream. At OWM Integrative Wellness, IV bags are prepared and customized to the needs of each individuals wellness needs. Certain infusions contain vitamins, minerals, and amino acids that specifically support nervous system health:
- Magnesium – aids in cognitive brain function and development. Adequate magnesium levels reduce inflammation and suppress the release of stress hormones into the brain.
- Cerebrolysin – a powerful peptide and nootropic that is extremely neuroprotective.Repairs nerve connections and promotes the formation of new connections. Reduces anxiety and reduces oxidative stress and inflammation in the brain.
- Glutathione – known as the “mother of all antioxidants”. Adequate levels are essential for the detoxification of brain cells and the lowering of oxidative stress.
- Vitamin C– is a powerful antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals and reduces toxic buildup in brain cells. Helps to combat fatigue and depression.
- Glycine – an important amino acid is active in the hippocampus. It decreases inflammation and helps with sleep quality.
- Taurine – An amino acid with potent antioxidant properties. Helps the brain to utilize critical nutrients and produces energy.
Nutrition and meditation in a peaceful atmosphere are just some of the many restorative treatments offered at OWM Integrative Wellness. You will feel refreshed and have an increased sense of well-being after you treat your brain with an IV infusion. Call us today at 716.626.6301 to learn more about our unique brain health offerings and other Integrative therapies to calm the mind and reduce stress.