Shoulder Supportive Treatments Services Offered in Buffalo, NY
The shoulder joint is considered the most unstable joint in the body and is frequently described as a golf ball perched precariously on a tee. Shoulder pain can come from trauma and overuse due to poor posture or recurring stress. It is commonly affected by osteoarthritis. Ligament damage typically occurs early with overuse, resulting in shoulder instability and grinding. This creates excessive tension on the tendons of the rotator cuff and the cartilage of the joint. The result is tendon and labral tears in addition to cartilage breakdown.
Shoulder joint problems are a common source of neck and upper back pain. A combination of ligamentous instability, cartilage degeneration, and joint inflammation is typically the underlying cause. OWM Integrative Wellness offers cutting edge treatments including dextrose prolotherapy, PRP, self-renewal cellular and peptide therapies to help the shoulder region heal naturally.
A thorough examination is conducted on every client. Structural deficits, restrictions, as well as muscle weakness and imbalances are identified. X-rays and state-of-the-art Ultrasound technology are used for the diagnosis of structural shoulder problems. Advanced imaging techniques such as MRI can be used for further assessment.
Ultrasound-guided injection techniques are used for the accurate placement of injection solutions.
Conditions that benefit:
- Shoulder osteoarthritis
- Rotator cuff tears
- Labral tears (SLAP tears)
- Multidirectional shoulder instability
- Biceps tendinosis
- Biceps tendon partial tears
- Subdeltoid and subacromial bursitis
- Prolozone - A mixture of ozone and natural anti inflammatory solutions are injected into the joint for pain and inflammation control.
- Dextrose and biocellular prolotherapy – Concentrated dextrose solution is the first line of our regenerative treatments. When injected into tendons and joints, it promotes ligament regeneration and mild cartilage repair.
- PRP (platelet-rich plasma) through an ultrasound-guided injection is a stronger cellular treatment. It promotes joint cartilage regeneration and repair of torn labrum and tendon tissue. PRP Prolotherapy technique is used in more advanced arthritic and degenerative cases. It directly delivers growth factors in the damaged tissue and activates a signaling mechanism that stimulates the body’s stem cell production and recruitment to the site of injury. Repair and new tissue growth occur quickly and naturally.
- Self-renewal cellular therapy is the most advanced regenerative technique available. Stem cells are extracted from either the bone marrow or fat and are immediately reinjected into the injured areas of the shoulder. Direct delivery of mesenchymal stem cells into the affected shoulder area allows for repair by the growth of new healthy tissue. In cases of systemic inflammatory conditions and weakened immune system, lab –derived placenta products such as Placenta matrix and placenta derived Exosomes are used.
- IOT (intraosseous therapy) bone marrow decompression. This cutting edge technique was invented in Russia. It uses a simple needle insertion to stimulate bone marrow circulation and reduction of congestion. This process improves cartilage health from the inside.
- TENEX tenotomy is commonly used for Achilles tendon calcifications. It is a great alternative to surgery. It offers a higher success rate with no complications and fast recovery time.
- Interstitial low level laser therapy. New cutting technology allows for placement of healing and anti-inflammatory laser lights directly into the injured tendons, ligaments and joint. This treatment is also used to activate PRP growth factors, making a PRP therapy more efficacious.
Dr. Kaplan’s in-depth knowledge of peptide therapy allows him to stimulate repair and regeneration with specifically selected peptides. Tissue-repairing peptides BPC and Thymosin beta 4 are used in the injection solutions and CJC/ Ipamorellin is often used to stimulate stem cell activity before the procedure. These peptides stimulate and enhance, Dextrose prolotherapy, PRP, and Stem cells’ regenerative potential.
What to know before you go
Frequently the injured area of the shoulder is a victim of underlying instability. Dr. Kaplan utilizes the Hacket-Hamwell method to treat the entire shoulder tendon/ligament complex to promote joint stabilization. Unlike a more commonly used target-specific approach, our technique not only heals the injury but also prevents the recurrence of the same issues in the future.
The ultrasound-guided approach ensures the accurate and safe placement of regenerative solutions directly into the shoulder joint and surrounding injured tissues. Dr. Kaplan uses solutions that are natural and extremely well-tolerated. .
Call the office or request an appointment online today.
Call or Request an Appointment Online
Services We Offer
As your total health center, our robust service offerings focus on your overall well-being and quality of life, viewing the body as a whole unit.